Friday, July 17, 2009

Oh my Incubus...

So, I knew that Incubus was coming to town, but I had no intention to attend - for reasons mainly monetary. However, yesterday, my good friend, Nick Stocking, called and invited me to attend with him and his kick awesome girlfriend Brenda. Brenda had obtained free tickets through one of her various hook-ups. I was thrilled, and I went with them. Our seats were fantastic.


And Incubus was even more fantastic. Words can't explain what they can do. Each member, individually, is among the best at what he does, and when you fuse these musical geniuses, the result is indescribable. I can only apologize to those of you who were unable to attend. But it gets better...


The amazing Brenda and her amazing hook-ups landed the three of us backstage passes. That's right, I went backstage at Incubus. We only met Brandon Boyd (the singer), but he was painfully friendly, sincere, and real. He seemed more honored to meet us than we were to meet him. He was a very humble person, literally blushing at our praises - as if he hasn't heard it millions of times before. Overall, this was my favorite concert experience to date. Next time Incubus rolls into your town, GO.

No comments: